Monday 25 July 2016

This summer we welcome a new volunteer in Shanty Town International’s team, Ms. Jenna

This summer we welcome a new volunteer in Shanty Town International’s team, Jenna, a young French student who came in Cambodia to make part of the actions realized here in the shanty town of Phnom Penh.
She explains her feelings after her first visit in the slums and with the families.
“As a French, who lived in France forever, I couldn’t imagine what I would discover here in the slums. I prepared myself to handle with poverty, diseases, sadness of the inhabitants, or very bad living conditions..
But the reality of the daily life here is totally different, because at the end of this very little street, the smile of these people, their joy to see us, their beauty also make me forget all my fears. 
They are happy to see us and to meet me for the first time; to share with them all the provisions we have and also a part of my life and theirs is amazing and a big pleasure for me.
Despite of the very harsh living conditions that they have to handle everyday, theses families are motivated to progress thanks to the help of the association, they keep smiling and fighting for a best future.
Shanty Town Spirit is here to make sure that the parents work, and especially to check if the children go to school, work well, and are in good health. They also help the grand mothers of the children who need help to face eye diseases common in this daily situation.
I am really thankful to have the chance to participate to this visit and to discover a real relationship of trust between Ermine NORODOM, these families and their volunteers too.
After few hours with these families, I realize the chance I have in my life, and I hope I will give them a kind of chance and some happiness during my visit in Shanty Town Spirit.”
We also want to thank Carine and her daughter Noham who participated to this visit this week, and help us to give some joy to these families.

Madam Ermine Norodom, Ms. Jenna with the people in Shanty Town Spirit
Madam Ermine Norodom, Ms. Jenna with the people in Shanty Town Spirit

People in Shanty Town Spirit
People in Shanty Town Spirit 
People in Shanty Town Spirit
People in Shanty Town Spirit  
Ms. Dane and people in Shanty Town Spirit
Ms. Dane and people in Shanty Town Spirit
If you wish to help and support our program,
click on the Donate button

or contact
Ermine Norodom : +855 (0) 90 22 74 33 (French & English)
norodomermine@gmail.com

Phirun Prak (Arun) : +855 (0) 96 663 6666 (English & Khmer)
arun.aenorodom@gmail.com

Thank you

Location: Phnom Penh 12000, Cambodia

Followers

Our Partners

Donate to Shanty Town

Donate to Shanty Town
You can donate now. Safe and secure online payment with givemodo application

Revue de presse / Press review (in French)

Translate

Action Aide Asie

Action Aide Asie
Our partners

Jean-Luc François Association

Jean-Luc François Association
Our partners

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.